Saturday, December 6, 2008

these lucky people





I just learned how to knit by this rad ( i do love the word "rad") girl that knits all the time. I learned that I really like to knit. I am not very good but it is so fun to do. I think that I am slightly addicted. We drew names this year for Matt's family. Since we were going to be all together for Thanksgiving we exchanged gifts then. We had four names so I thought that along with the kind of gifts that are purchased, they would get something even better and I would knit them a hat. I was knitting like crazy. It took me a long time, remember I just learned how, But I got it done in time. I loved them. I don't know how much they loved them but here they are. Aren't they lucky.

12 comments:

Cristi said...

LUCKY!! (They look great)

Broderick Clan said...

Wow! You are so talented. I love how you try new things all the time!

Kara's Party Ideas said...

those look AWESOME jules!!! you rock! way to go!

Julie said...

Super cute Julie! I especially like the one with the ribbon going through it! I am sure they loved them!

Amy S said...

Those are awesome! I'll bet Thanksgiving was fun with all the family!

robertsfamily2002 said...

Those look great. Your tree looks good too! I need some of your creativity, I am running a bit low. Rad!

Heather said...

My fave is the ribbon one too! They look fabulous!

randi said...

I am impressed but not surprised. You are one of the most talented people I know. You can do anything you put your mind to! You are awesome!

Anonymous said...

Julie no that is so great...I love that you just knit your little life away...I love it! so cute!!!

Carrie said...

Your so RAD! Great job! I can knit a scarf, and that's about it. I'm impressed with the hats!
Wish you were coming home for Chirstmas. :(
NZ is interesting in Dec. It doesn't feel like Christmas to me.

Shannon said...

You are amazing. I can't believe you just learned to knit and made 4 hats already! Seriously, they are so cute/handsome too! I love the one with the ribbon...what a cute way to make it so girly! I love these...now you guys can teach me.

the youngs said...

Julie! You are my little knitting prodigy! Nice work! By the way, I can't believe how much Matt's bro looks like him!