Wednesday, December 3, 2008

It's Up


My Grandma Dona loved, loved, loved, Christmas. She loved tinsel,Santa figures,bows, poinsettias, and anything that would remind you of Christmas. there was always red and Green spread throughout the house. Her home was truly a wonderland. She passed away a couple years ago and when she did she had enough Christmas ornaments to have each of her grand kids decorate a tree with. So this year I got the special treat of using them (they were stored at my parents house last year). As Jake and Ash helped put the tinsel on, I couldn't help but think of all the memories and love she gave. I love spending Christmas again with Grams.

Where else could I find a clown made out of a strawberry to hang on my tree?

This one is my favorite. I think it is so beautiful. I love thinking of her every time I look at my tree.

5 comments:

Kara's Party Ideas said...

you made me want to cry...that is seriously so rad jules. i LOVE your tree...and i LOVE what it represents. that is just so awesome.

randi said...

I love ornaments with meaning. It make Christmas more special to walk past a tree with sentimentalness (I made that up)!

Heather said...

Your tree is rad! The clown is my favorite. I can't wait to see the progess on your Christmas wonderland house.

Anonymous said...

oh yay!! I love it...I want to do that with my ornaments...but i don't have a tree...but maybe since I Haven't gotten the tree up yet I can just do what I want with it since mom and dad are gone and won't be back for like another week and a half...I'm so lonely at home alone!

Julie said...

Hey Julie, just wanted you to know that I am taking a break from my blog... the family caddyness (not on my side)isn't worth it. That's not what I started it for. So I just changed the address, and it will be my personal journal for my boys. Just in case you jaunted over and wondered what the heck happened. If I decide to go public again, I'll let ya know. I will still keep up w/ yours though, and don't forget email and facebook! Ü