Monday, February 8, 2010

snow


I loved growing up with a snowy winter. Utah has the greatest winters. Since moving away from Utah, first to Nevada and now Nashville ,I have miss the snow. Nashville gets cold but just doesn't get the snow I love. This is not the first time I have said this on the blog. This year I took the kids outside mid December and just wished for a little white. We even got the sled out and because of this hence the Christmas card that never made it to the mail box ( Next year for sure).


Here is Nashville last week. When the kids woke up to a winter wonderland I knew we had to spend some time in it. Matt was at the hospital so I have to venture out with all the kids. we bundled up and I took the kids, infant carrier and all, on a sleigh ride. They loved it. My Neighbor saw us from the upstairs window of her house and decided to take a couple photos of the event.

It was crazy. School, church, meetings, and parties all cancelled due to the snow. I don't think Nashville has a snow plow in the whole city, well maybe one. As the locals where in awe I was right at home. I loved every minuet. We spent the rest of the day and following days building snow men, sledding and drinking hot chocolate. I think Jake and Ash loved it as much as me I found at least five zip lock bags of snow in the freezer. Needless to say it might have been a good thing that I didn't get my Christmas card sent out after all.

7 comments:

Julie said...

What a cute Christmas card even if they didn't get sent out ;).

How fun for you to wish for snow and then get it!

Up here, we are tired of it and want spring to come fast!

Hope you all are well!

the youngs said...

YES!! I love that you have had a chance to wear the best hat ever!!! Let's hang out...we are getting more snow as we speak. Maybe enough to sled?!?

Carrie said...

I still have your pic on the fridge. Those little faces are just too cute. I'm glad you enjoyed the snow. Me? I'm tired of it.

carrie said...

haha! I love it!

Heather said...

Its weird to see your house surrounded by snow! I'm glad you enjoyed it. I am kicking myself for not buying a sled, snow boots, ski pants...etc.

PS-Love the belated Christmas card :)

brandonandglendafamily said...

okay you are darling.. taking the kids out for sledding rides... that kills me but more intertaining is that someone caught it with a camera.. that is a riot. Extra cute mom day.

Jimmie-Nichole-Koa-Becks said...

matt your my hero. I just found this on Science direct while studying:
Poster 100: Introduction of a Vertical Ramus Osteotomy Measuring Instrument
Matthew K. Mizukawa DMDa
aVanderbilt University, 1623 The Vanderbilt Clinic, Nashville, TN 37232.
Your my new hero
Later, Jimmie a.